Did you know that Granby is “Grand County’s Main Street?”
Granby is proud to be a Colorado Main Street
The Colorado Main Street Program is organized by the Department of Local Affairs and aims to revitalize traditional downtown districts and promote economic development within the context of historic preservation. The program uses an approach that advocates a return to community self-reliance, local empowerment, and the rebuilding of central business districts based on their traditional assets of unique architecture, personal service, local ownership and entrepreneurship, and a sense of community.
There are four committees that support the Main Street Program
- Promotion- This committee sells a positive image of the commercial district and encourages consumers and investors to live, work, shop, play and invest in the Main Street District. The committee also organizes and plans the many events that the Chamber and Main Street sponsor.
- Design- This committee is in charge on getting Main Street into top physical shape. Capitalizing on it’s best assets–such as historic buildings and pedestrian-oriented streets. The committee also instills good maintenance practices, as well as enhancing the physical appearance of the district.
- Economic Restructuring- This committee strengthens the communities existing economic assets while expanding and diversifying its economic base. The committee also fosters entrepreneurial start-ups and expansions for new and existing businesses.
- Organization- Involves getting everyone working toward the same goal and assembling the appropriate human and financial resources to implement a Main Street revitalization program. Volunteers are coordinated and supported by this committee as well.
- For more information click HERE
We would love to have your help…
If you or anyone you know are interested in being apart of any of these committees, please call the Chamber at 970.887.2311