2021 3 LAKES ICE FISHING CONTEST INFORMATION
Three 1-day Contests • Enter 1, 2, or all 3 days • Jan 29, 30, & 31, 2021
Over $28K in cash and prizes and $10K in tagged fish and more in giveaways throughout each day! You must be registered prior to fishing to be eligible for each contest. See below for important information regarding the contest. Make sure to review the full Rules & Regulations when you register.
General Contest Info
- The contest begins at 6:40 am each day.
- The Weigh Station is at Stillwater Campground, 8590 US-34, Granby, CO 80446.
- Weigh Station hours: Friday & Saturday: 9 am-4 pm, Sunday: 9 am-2 pm.
- If you registered for the contest online, you can check-in and pick up your Welcome Bag and commemorative event hat (first 1,000 registrants to check-in only) at the Weigh Station any time it is open.
- If you are staying at River Run RV Resort, you will receive your Welcome Bag when you check-in.
- The Leaderboards will be updated on our 3 Lakes Ice Fishing Contest Facebook page throughout the contest and will be posted here on our website.
- To be eligible for cash prizes, you must be IN LINE at the Weigh Station at 4 pm on Friday and Saturday, and 2 pm on Sunday.
- All daily cash winners/youth winners must pick up their prize between 6-7 pm on Friday and Saturday and between 4-5 pm on Sunday, at River Run RV Resort (1051 Summit Trail, Granby, CO 80446). If you are not present, a check will be mailed to the address provided on your registration form.
- Arapaho National Recreation Area (ANRA) passes are required to fish on Lake Granby and Shadow Mountain Reservoir. Purchase them at pay station kiosks located at Arapaho Bay, Stillwater boat ramp, and outside the ANRA office (9 Ten Mile Drive, Granby, CO 80446). For more info, call the ANRA office: 970-887-4100.
- Passes: 1 day – $5/vehicle; 3 day – $10/vehicle; 1 week – $15/vehicle.
Adult Categories Cash Prizes
Cash prizes are awarded for heaviest weight fish each day. 1st through 8th place will be awarded in the following categories:
Catch one qualifying fish of each of the following species: Mackinaw (under 19”), Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout, Kokanee Salmon. Winner is determined by combined weight of fish.
Big Fish Catch & Release
This is an “on your honor” contest. Mackinaw 32” or larger that have been caught and released are eligible. Please handle fish properly and release quickly.
- Enter by photographing your fish or getting a witness signature that contains the size of your caught fish.
- All entrants will be entered in a daily drawing for a trophy (no cash prize).
Paid Youth or Adult entrants qualify. Ten fish have been tagged with a pink tag on their dorsal fins with the words “3 Lakes Tourney Winner” and a number.
- Numbers 76-85 are eligible for $1,000 per fish
- Any other number is eligible for a $200 gift card (mailed after the tournament)
VIEW FULL TAGGED FISH RULES
PRIZE PACKAGE DETAILS
- One “prize ticket” is included with each paid entry and will be entered into the Prize Packages drawing on Saturday. (We aren’t issuing physical tickets, but be assured that if you registered, you will be entered into the drawings!) You DO NOT need to be present to win. Winners will be announced on Saturday, January 30 at 2 pm on the 3 Lakes Ice Fishing Contest Facebook page and here on our website. We will also call all winners to let them know they have won.
- If you win a Prize Package, you must pick up your prize between 5:30-7 pm on Saturday or between 3:30-5 pm on Sunday at River Run RV Resort (1051 Summit Trail, Granby, CO 80446).
- Prize packages will not be mailed. In the event you win and are unable to pick up your prize by the times listed above, it is your responsibility to pick up the prize at the Granby Chamber of Commerce Office (516 E Agate Ave, Granby, CO 80446) by April 1, 2021.
- Participants are entered into each drawing only once. Additional tickets are not available for purchase.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this year’s giveaways will take place through virtual drawings.
- When you register, you will receive a prize ticket for each day you have registered for the contest. This ticket will enter you into the virtual daily Door Prize drawings. (We aren’t issuing physical tickets, but be assured that if you registered, you will be entered into the drawings!)
- Winners will be announced virtually on the 3 Lakes Ice Fishing Contest Facebook page 9 am and 1 pm each day and they will also be posted here on our website. We will also call all winners to let them know they have won.
- To claim a Door Prize, you MUST pick up your prize before the Weigh Station closes that day or the prize will be forfeited.
- Example of how Prize Package and Door Prize entries work: John registered for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. He will be entered into the Door Prize drawings for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, plus the drawing for Saturday’s Prize Packages (see above). Mary registered for Friday, so she will be entered into Friday’s Door Prize drawings, plus the drawing for Saturday’s Prize Packages.
Guidelines and Changes related to COVID-19
- We encourage everyone to register early and online.
- In order to comply with public health guidelines related to large gatherings, the Kickoff Party has been canceled.
- Please follow common COVID-19 practices:
- Wear face coverings in public
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Wash hands or use hand sanitizer frequently
- Maintain a 6′ distance from those not in your household group
- If you are symptomatic or if you have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, please stay home, isolate, and consult a doctor.
- Symptoms include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion/runny nose, nausea/vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Please socially distance from other groups when setting up your ice hut.
- Due to the enclosed nature of ice huts, non-household members are discouraged from occupying the same ice hut without wearing proper face coverings.
- Social distancing will be implemented at the Weigh Station and during prize pick up times at River Run RV Resort, with a limited number of people allowed inside at one time.
- Face coverings must be worn when inside any indoor/enclosed public space, including the Weigh Station and River Run RV Resort.
- If the event is canceled for any reason, full refunds will be issued.
3 LAKES MAIN PAGE