Community Engagement Manager
The Community Engagement Manager develops member & sponsor relationships, maintains the membership database, plans and coordinates Granby Chamber events, creates community activations in the Granby business district, and supports the Granby Information Center.
The position requires an energetic and creative leader who is comfortable networking to form and maintain strong relationships within the greater Granby community. The ideal candidate also will have significant event planning leadership experience, strong time management and organizational skills.
Develop & Retain Members
- Facilitate member retention and recruitment initiatives.
- Encourage member engagement and networking.
- Engage in direct member contact.
- Maintain the membership database.
- Correspond with embers regarding invoices, thank yous, and engagement opportunities.
Plans and Coordinates Granby Events
- Secure sponsors and manage the relationship through the event.
- Manage the timeline, budget, logistics, and permits needed to execute a successful event.
- Collaborate with the Granby Chamber team to ensure events are promoted and staffed accurately.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers as needed for events.
- Annual events include: 3 Lakes Ice Fishing Contest, Restaurant Week, Farmers Market, 4th of July Celebration, Halloween/Scarecrow Contest, Holiday Celebration.
- Coordinate Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies with new businesses.
Creates Community Activations
- Create partnerships with businesses to attract customers to the business district.
- Plan creative and engaging activities throughout the downtown core.
- Maintain budget for community activations.
SUPPORTS THE INFORMATION CENTER
- Keep the Information Center brochures stocked and organized.
- Coordinate volunteers to help staff the Information Center during busy times.
- Arrange merchandise displays.
- Assist visitors who are looking for traveler or general information.
- Answer phones and respond to email inquiries.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, work experience will be taken into consideration in place of a degree.
- Two to three years related experience working in event planning, donor management, and customer service.
- Significant supervisory or project management experience preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of computer systems.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Outstanding time and organizational management skills.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with team members.
- Supervisory or project management skills – ability to plan, organize, and delegate.
Physical & Other Requirements
- Some lifting and carrying.
- Requirements generally occurring in an office environment, including typing, file retrieval, and communicating (verbal and written).
- Some local travel required.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays and events as needed.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Lauren Huber at firstname.lastname@example.org.